Diese Anzeige ist leider abgelaufen
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
We are seeking for a
Head of Product Marketing Databases (f/m)
with following profile:
The Head of Product Marketing Databases will lead a team of global product marketing managers to shape and execute a global marketing strategy for selling scientific databases and tools to academic and corporate customers worldwide. The marketing team will help upsell biomedical and material sciences databases to our current customers for journal and book products, working in close collaboration with the journal and book sales and marketing groups managing these accounts. Reporting to the divisional MD, the Head of Product Marketing Databases will be essential to the commercial success of this growth initiative.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of marketing complex product lines such as databases or software, leading international teams, aligning closely with Sales teams and delivering on a global strategic vision. The role encompasses product marketing responsibility for the following products: Adis Business Intelligence, Nano a nature research solution, SpringerMaterials, and the Springer Nature Protocols & Methods portfolio.
It will be your responsibility to
- Manage, develop and motivate a global team of product marketing managers in order to improve market penetration
- Shape and execute a global marketing strategy for databases which engages librarians, decision makers and scientists
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the databases marketing group in collaboration with the database sales teams as well as with the journal and book marketing groups, to ensure aligned customer communication and to maximize global impact
- Introduce best practices from software marketing to complement proven Springer Nature marketing efforts
- Help the sales and product management groups achieve the sales goals set by Senior Management
- Establish processes, KPIs and other tools to support the database marketing and sales process
- Influence and help to shape product strategies based on market feedback
- Organize and attend library meetings and research conferences
- Proven years of successful experience in product marketing for complex products such as databases, research solutions, software or similar
- Previous years of successful experience in the management of a marketing organization
- Proven track record of setting up new processes and developing new markets
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to draft strategies, propose and implement solutions. Familiarity with the systems, methods and sense of detail required to support business objectives
- Excellent influencing, con ict management and problem solving skills
- Ability to form strong relationships with Senior Management and internal/external stakeholders
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed
Auf diesen Job bewerben
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
We are looking forward to your online application using our online application system (SuccessFactors) stating your rst possible date of joining and your salary expectations. Your contact person is Ms Birgit Kolb, HR Director Heidelberg.