Are you ready for the next step in your career?
With more than 3000 stores across the world, Foot Locker is the leading global athletic footwear and apparel retailer. At Foot Locker, we live sneakers, we breathe sneakers, we dream sneakers… Sneakers are all we think about and nothing makes us more proud than being able to keep our followers up to date with the latest trends.
On European soil only, Foot Locker means more than 620 stores in premium locations, across 20 countries and closing in on 30 years of history. Foot Locker Europe also means an elevated digital experience for our ever-increasing fan base, throughout a brand-new exciting website and vibrant interactive social media platforms.
Because of our growing business we are looking for a Supervisor UX/UI
The Supervisor, UX/UI is responsible for the improvement of the user experience and interfaces of all customer facing websites and digital touchpoints based on the Customer Experience and Testing strategy/roadmap. The role leads and develops a small team of Product Owners of A/B Testing, Personalization and UX Front-End Development. Close collaboration with teams such as Insights, Content & Design, Performance Marketing, Digital Merchandising, and Development as well as external parties and our customers is key in defining convenient user experiences and design frictionless interactions.
The Supervisor, UX/UI is further responsible for creation and execution of UX concepts for sites and functionality. The incumbent develops and provides story boards, wireframes, high quality mock-up’s and prototypes for A/B and personalization experiments, interactive landing pages, microsites and other functionality on our sites. Additionally, as a UX/UI advocate the role evangelizes UX best practices and techniques across the business and assists in running of design sprints and workshops for other stakeholders. This role requires first leadership experience paired with substantial and wide hands-on skills in UX and UI design and their methodologies.
Do you think this is you? Please apply now!
- Act as a product owner for UX/UI
- Translate users’ needs into an effective information architecture, simple and seamless user flows, and user stories
- Create engaging and responsive wireframes and mock-ups for digital experiences for A/B and personalization experiments, new on-site functionality, content marketing campaigns, micro-sites, widgets, consulting-tools etc.
- Collaborate closely with Digital Analysts and Researchers to identify users’ needs and to enhance and establish existing UX personas
- Facilitate and supervise UX improvements, A/B tests and Personalization initiatives and brief internal and external Analysts, Product Owners, Developers, Copywriters, Designers and vendors/agencies in clear and efficient ways within the set timelines
- Coordinate external agencies and vendors, monitor and control UX budget lines
- Explore new UX patterns and define style guides to ensure a consistent design and user experience across all sites
- Communicate ideas, approaches and UX best practices across all stakeholders to build up understanding for customer centric design thinking, user behaviour and interaction
- Active research of new design trends and best practices for mobile and web design to further improvement of user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (UX, Digital Media, Communication, Human-Computer Interaction) or equivalent experience/background in digital/creative agencies
- 2+ years of relevant work experience including demonstrated experience in designing digital user interfaces, preferably in E-commerce related areas
- Solid experience in creation of wireframes and mock-ups with creative tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Fireworks etc.)
- Experience in creation of prototypes with Prototyping/Wireframing tools (UXpin, Axure, HTML5, CSS3 and other technologies)
- Solid understanding of user flows and user interfaces within E-commerce focused sites
- Strong and clean design sense
- A pro-active and self-motivated approach which includes curiosity and an appetite to improve our websites by researching and implementation of new UX methods and high quality design patterns
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and with own initiative in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Strong user-centric orientation, problem solving and analytical skills
Auf diesen Job bewerben
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Michel van Keulen,